By, Kyle Gibson
Stop number 3 of my EPL season preview rolls along. Tomorrow will be the final installment; the Champions League places and, of course, the EPL champion.
Without Freddy Adu, here are teams 10-5.
10. QPR- The promoted club that packs a serious punch. That’s Queens Park Rangers in a nutshell. Talented, big name players with plenty of experience, plus a manager with loads of experience and cunning in Harry Redknapp. Loic Remy is a very, very good player. He needs to have a huge season. Ultimately, I think this team falters down the stretch, but 10th place for a promoted club is nothing to sneeze at.
9. Newcastle United– These guys had a quietly strong transfer window, signing Remy Cabella, Daryl Janmaat, Jack Colback and Emmanuel Riviere to name a few. The team only lost Mathieu Debuchy to Arsenal, which means it even kept plenty of high profile players. Newcastle seems to have a bad season like last year, then rebounds to have a pretty good one.
8. Stoke City- Building. That’s the word we keep hearing with Mark Hughes and Stoke City. I think this team is very solid and it could definitely finish higher than this. Signing Bojan away from Barcelona might have been the shock of the summer. I love Tony Pulis, but that type of deal for a small, creative player would never have been done under him.
7. Everton- It was great making the signing for Lukaku and Barry permanent. Like Hull City, though, I don’t know if the team will be as ready with the upcoming Europa League games. So many people signed extensions, though, that the team will have all kinds of depth.
6. Tottenham- I think those signings from last summer finally start to make good under new management. Not good enough though.
5. Arsenal– Poor Arsene Wenger. I think Arsenal will finish just outside of Arsene cup (aka top 4 range.) Even with Alexis Sanchez, I think the club needs a second consistent striker.
What are your thoughts? Comment!